A Louisiana Economic Refugee in Texas
Currently Employed (AISD) even though I’m a Product of Louisiana Public Education (La Tech).
I’ve Never been Indicted, however this is probably because I’m Honest and “Integret.”
But remember, I am Certifiable and was Once the Token Conservative at a college radio station.
Substitute Teacher (Various School Districts)
- Carter Junior High – Arlington, TX. (2014 – to date) Careers, Technology & Higher Education Investigations (CTHEI)
- Hutcheson Junior High – Arlington, TX.(2011-2014) Introduction to Careers & Technology (ICT)
- Dallas County Juvenile Justice Charter Schools, Dallas, TX, 2010-2011
- Arlington ISD, Arlington, TX, 2010-2011
- Grand Prairie ISD, Grand Prairie, TX, 2010-2011
- Lincoln Parish School Board, Ruston, LA, 1994
- Webster Parish School Board, Minden, LA, 1990
Boy Scouts of America
- St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, · 7th Grade Faith Formation Teacher , Dallas, TX, 2010-2011
- Junior Achievement, JA in-a-Day (Kindergarten, 4 th and 5 th grades) , Dallas & Irving, TX, 2006-2010
- Committee Member, Troop 719, 2009-to date
- Cubmaster, Pack 719, 2007-2011
- Day Camp Area Lead, Summer 2008 and 2009
- Tiger Cub Den Leader,Pack 719, 2006-2007
- Committee Member (Advancement), Pack 719, 2003-2007
- Assistant Cubmaster, Pack 719, 2005-2007
- Eagle Scout, 1986
(Nov., 2003 -Mar., 2010)
Call Volume / Demand Forecast Specialist
: Recruited cold, based on this silly web resume. Forecast volumes and staffing requirements for an ISP
client. Coordinate staffing to curve with onshore and offshore outsourced agents.
Providian Financial (Jan., 2000 – Nov., 2003)
Forecasting Analyst: Forecasted volumes and handle times for credit card provider customer service and sales call center and email departments. Used forecast and productivity information to maintain capacity plans.
Scheduling Analyst: Migrated from TCS Series 5 to IEX TotalView. Improved database skills. Daily duties includes forecasting and scheduling an e-mail queue and traditional phone queues. Acted as local Point of Contact for Scheduling Manager and for IEX technical support issues.
Stream International (Aug., 1995 – Jan., 2000)
Schedule Analyst: Used Pipkins Maxima Advantage work force management software as well as Erlang formulas to support the process of determining the need for and increasing the utilization of resources by planning, maintaining and manipulating call center volume forecasts and agent schedules. Assumed various site and business segment forecasting roles as needed.
Technical Lead and Client Liaison: Served as point of contact for Major ISP Client to our outsourced technical support call center. Made decisions and implemented policies daily affecting our entire technical support group concerning technical and support boundaries issues.
As Mentor on Duty (MOD) daily ensured staffing of ASPECT call queue, collected information on active technical and client-impact issues to disseminate this information to the group though various means, including updating the content of our Intranet site.
Coordinated and developed procedures for a special team functioning as a liaison between our Call Center and the client’s Data Center in order to track, report and resolve connectivity and e-mail issues.
Regional Office of Community Service, State of Louisiana (1994-1995)
Independent Contract Computer Consultant: Provided end user support and developed uses and training for software packages.
Louisiana Tech University, English Department (1993)
Graduate Teaching Assistant: Taught one section of Remedial English.
Louisiana Public Education
Student Activities and Organizations
- Earned two degrees from Louisiana Tech University: Master’s in Industrial/Organizational Psychology (May, 1995) and Baccalaureate in Technical Writing ( Nov., 1992)
- Attempted to major in Physics at Louisiana State University – Baton Rouge
- Society for Human Resource Management: former Student Member
- Society for Technical Communication: former Student Member
- Data Processing Management Association : former Student Member and Louisiana Tech Student Chapter President
- Radio Tech: former Executive Staff member and volunteer Disc-Jockey
Additional Training and Development
- American Red Cross Standard First Aid and CPR – Adult – December 2010
- A+ Texas Teacher’s Alternative Certification Program – January 2010 – May 2010
- Wood Badge for the 21st Century – August 2009 (BSA Wood Badge Leadership Training Program)
Integrity and Certification
Mr. LaBruyere is a recipient of the Masonic Honesty and Integrity Key. He also maintains his membership in the Boy Scouts of America, having earned the Eagle Scout award and reached Vigil membership in the Order of the Arrow.
TEXAS SBEC GRANTS CERTIFICATION TO EDWARD P. LaBRUYERE, III
Edward P. La Bruyere, III has fulfilled requirements of state law and regulations of the State Board for Educator Certification and is hereby authorized to perform duties of Classroom Teacher, Technology Education Grades (6-12).
EDWARD P. LaBRUYERE, III PASSES HUMAN RESOURCES CERTIFICATION INSTITUTE EXAM
Dallas, Texas, 31 May 1996 — Edward P. LaBruyere recently passed the Human Resource Certification Institute’s Professional in Human Resources (PHR) exam.
Once employed by the State of Louisiana but NEVER INDICTED
Acted as Independent Contractor to the State of Louisiana. Served the Northeast Regional Office of Community Service spanning eleven parishes. Provided end user support and developed uses and training for software packages.
Fingerprinted twice as part of standard security check for Substitute Teachers in Webster and Lincoln Parishes. Taught a diverse mix of classes and students intermittently between 1990 and 1994.
Elected to the Executive Board of KLPI – Radio Tech as the Engineering Director for 1990 Winter Quarter through 1992 Spring Quarter. Participated in the planning of all station operations, oversaw maintenance and proper use of equipment and answered technical inquires from the public and the FCC. Impeached one General Manager (but I’m not sure why; he’s a decent guy) and saw one resign during a Payola Scandal.
As Token Conservative at the Louisiana Tech College Radio Station, was a voice of reason on the Executive Staff. Used authority of Engineering Director position to forbid cigarette and water-pipe smoking in the control and engineering rooms. Produced and hosted the weekly Blues Show. Wore Socks.
As a hobby
, Mr. LaBruyere maintains a personal webpage titled The MultiMedia Okra.